Saturday, July 3, 2010

In My Mailbox 31

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme where you get to show off all the cool books you receive! This meme was inspired by Alea and memefied by Kristi.

For review:

What started out as girls' games became a witch hunt. Wicked Girls is a fictionalized account of the Salem witch trials told from the perspectives of three of the real young women living in Salem in 1692.

Ann Putnam Jr. plays the queen bee. When her father suggests that a spate of illnesses within the village is the result of witchcraft, Ann grasps her opportunity. She puts in motion a chain of events that will change the lives of the people around her forever.

Mercy Lewis, the beautiful servant in Ann's house, inspires adulation in some and envy in others. With a troubled past, she seizes her only chance at safety.

Margaret Walcott, Ann's cousin, is desperately in love and consumed with fiery jealousy. She is torn between staying loyal to her friends and pursuing the life she dreams of with her betrothed.

With new accusations mounting daily against the men and women of the community, the girls will have to decide: Is it too late to tell the truth?
This came completely unexpected the other day; I'll admit, other than admiring the lovely cover in the past, I didn't give this book much thought. But now that it's with me... I'm really tempted to just start reading it! I've always been intrigued by the witch trials, and I really enjoyed reading The Crucible ( Did anyone read that? John Proctor, despite being an adulterous liar, was my favorite character♥) so...I'll probably like this one too. ;)

In the year 2098 America isn't so different from the USA of today. But, in a post-9/11 security-obssessed world, "secured" doesn't just refer to borders between countries, it also refer to borders between states. Teenagers still think they know everything, but there is no cure for cancer, as Kelsa knows first-hand from watching her father die.


The night Kelsa buries her father, a boy appears. He claims magic is responsible for the health of Earth, but human damage disrupts its flow. The planet is dying.

Kelsa has the power to reverse the damage, but first she must accept that magic exists and see beyond her own pain in order to heal the planet.
This one, unlike the first book, was one I knew would eventually makes its way into my mailbox and I'm very happy that it's here! (A huge thanks to Hilari Bell!)

This week was light but I'm overall pleased with what I got. What's in your mailbox?

Update:

Claire is a #hopelessromantic.
Lottie is determined to set up her BFF with Mr. Perfect.
Will wants his #secretcrush to finally notice him.
Bennett is a man with a plan.


Claire can’t believe it when her dream guy starts following her on Twitter. She never thought he noticed her, and suddenly he seems to understand her better than almost anyone.

But the Twitterverse can be a confusing place, especially when friends act differently online than they do in person. Things get even more complicated when Claire realizes she’s falling for someone else, the last person she ever would have expected….

Told in an innovative format combining tweets, emails, and blogs, Tweet Heart is a contemporary romantic comedy that will set your heart atwitter.
9:21 PM: I was out all day so I wasn't able to mention what I found in my mailbox today! Tweet Heart sounds so adorable AND it's about Twitter. This=love.

12 comments:

  1. Trickster's Girl is on my wishlist and sounds like a great read. I, too, received Wicked Girls this month and I'm already reading it. So far it's really good. :D Hope you enjoy your books!

    ~Briana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those both look really good! I've been wanting to read Wicked Girls but never heard of the second one. Adding it to my wishlist now!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trickster's Girl sounds awesome! Same with Wicked Girls,

    Hope you love them both! Happy reading =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got Trickster's Girl as well, which I'm excited to get started on. Wicked Girls sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wicked Girls looks awesome and Trickster's Girl sounds like an interesting read.

    Great picks for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really curious about Tweet Heart. It looks cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omgosh. Have I ever mentioned I *LOVE* those cute covers where there are cute couples together? It is so much cuteness! lol. And, indeed, this sounds adorable! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gahh, Tweet Heart! Everyone's got it! LUCKY! It sounds so interesting and I can even relate and omg, the cover looks cute. Haha.

    Hm, and I've always wanted to read something on witches. Wicked Girls seems good!

    And a reply to your post: IT'S SO TEMPTING TO JUST START READING POISON STUDY. I'm reading The Summer I Turned Pretty next cause I just finished Ballads of Suburbia. IT WAS FREAKING GOOD, man! John Green seems awesome to me, haha. Even if I haven't read anything by him either :$

    so anyways, happy reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey.
    Great looking books there, hope you have fun reading them!
    Just a quick comment to say that you're my "favourite blog of the week" as part of this week's "Last Page", over on my blog;
    http://underastarstuddedsky.blogspot.com/2010/07/this-weeks-last-page-monday-28th-june.html
    Happy reading and reviewing,
    Rachel Star :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh, I just signed up for an ARC tour of Trickster's Girl yesterday- the concept is sooooo interesting!

    And Tweet Heart looks positively adorable. <3 You know how I love Twitter. ;) I'm so looking forward to all of your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got a copy of Trickster's Girl too! We'll have to compare our thoughts when we get around to reading it. It sounds fabulous!

    And Tweet Heart looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All 3 of these titles look good! I hope you enjoy them! :D

    ReplyDelete