Saturday, January 29, 2011

You find a lot of cool stuff when you should be doing your homework

Or focusing on finding a job or trying to clean your room... Er, I digress.
Anyways. Back to the cool stuff.
If you haven't seen these two covers yet, I don't know where you've been.


Besides having a gorgeously mysterious cover, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer has to do with amnesia and falling in love. It's an interesting mix and I'm looking forward to see how Michelle Hodkin spins that tale...
Described as "a seductive time-slip novel that merges the very best of the paranormal and science fiction genres...", how can you resist? And now that the cover has finally been revealed, I'm doubly excited for Myra's debut! (and look at that cover--now tilt your head--what do you see? ;) )

There's also this excellent book trailer for Melissa Marr's series which concludes with the fifth title, Darkest Mercy. I've only read the first two books but from what I remember, it's a VERY good series.

The music for this trailer is amazing.

Click-click:
Malindo Lo, author of Ash, wrote a thoughtful and informative post about the whitewashing of YA covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment