Wednesday, October 31, 2012

My hurricane counterpart has left the building

...but left a lot of destruction in its wake. Thankfully where I am there's not too much damage. My street has been remarkably accident-free but I can't say the same for other places :( 

I've also been without power for the past couple of days but around 2:30pm I heard my microwave ping to life and my house, filled with so many electrical appliances, flooded with light. I can't express how wonderful it was to have a hot cup of tea and some toasted bread. You miss the little things once they're gone ♥

Anyway, the only good to come out of this was that my house is more or less intact, I'm ALIVE and...I read a book. Not that reading a book is anything ground-breaking but it felt so good to pick up a novel that had nothing to do with school. Since all power was knocked out, I only had a candle to rely on and well...I couldn't help myself? lol. It was like going back in time.


This book made the hurricane a lot more bearable. I read it in one sitting too :)

Isn't it sad funny that no matter what, I always go back to books? One track mind and all. Anyway, I'll update when I can. I'll leave you with this excellent scene from the book. The same people that created the book trailer went ahead and created a scene from the story (these are the same people that created those fantastic hunger games videos!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment