Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Some random Tuesday thoughts for you

1.) It's Tuesday. Blech.  Only 5 more weeks of this spring semester AND IT WILL BE OVER THANK YOU *cheers* Along with being done with the semester, I'm so happy that it's starting to feel like spring again! I'm done with this cold weather.

2.) My fellow YAckers participated in another discussion about Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson. You should totes check it out because apparently Tiger Lily was loved by all! This month we're reading Rae Carson's The Girl of Fire and Thorns.

3.) As for my own blog, I'll hopefully post a review by the end of this week. I have one written out but it shall be completed!! Hint: it is a fantasy YA and I LOVED IT.

4.) This is not major news, but if you haven't seen some of my tweets, I got a puppy. I haven't talked about this and this is probably the only mention I'll do here but I lost my beloved Lady last year. I can't explain the terrible pain you get over having your pet pass away but it's absolutely gut-wrenching. I couldn't stop crying and after Lady I did not ever want to have a dog again. But then this little puppy showed up out of nowhere, and what can I say, he just got to me! So now I'm the new owner of a four-legged baby boy named Tonino (short for Antonio, hehe).  I still love my Lady with all of my heart but I made some space for Tonino. :')

5.) Last month, I read this great article by Jessica Lawlor talking about Niche Blogging vs. General Blogging and I agree with what Jessica has to say. It's something I've been considering about my own blog because as much as I adore reading, I don't always feel like talking about it. Pirate Penguin's Reads started out as a book blog, and it will continue to be about books but lately I have been wondering about posting other things near and dear to my heart like teaching. But I don't want to get too ahead of myself, and of course I'd like to know your input about that! Would it be too weird if I had some posts occasionally about teaching? (No seriously, I found this AWESOME pin that teaches how primary schools in Japan teach multiplication--it's fantastic!) But anyway, Jessica's article is worth reading and I sincerely advise you to give it a read.

8 comments:

  1. It really sucks losing a pet - I am still miss my cat who died like 5 years ago. But puppies are happy making! So.. you should post pictures. :D

    Is the thing with the multiplication the hash thingy where they add up the points where the lines cross? I wish I had learned that way in primary school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, IT IS. I found it on Pinterest! SO COOL.

      Oh, I'm sorry to hear about your cat :(

      Hee, you'll see him :)

      Delete
  2. I would looove if you posted more stuff about you.

    I want to see a pic of Tonino!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Puppies FTW! What breed(s) is Tonino?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Half Chihuahua, half Maltese/poodle. He's all over the place, lol.

      Delete
  4. congrats on your puppy!

    i need to check out tiger lily. i am scared it is not my thing AT ALL. but everyone is loving it so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nomes :)

      Try it! You can always put it down if it's not your thing.

      Delete