Monday, December 22, 2014

a hodge podge of random

I think we're all used to my erratic posting by now so onward with the rest of this blog post!

I don't know about you all but I'm rather glad 2014 is coming to an end. 2014 has given me so many emotional roller coaster rides that I'm wondering how I'm still standing right now. I won't go into details but over the course of this year, I've questioned myself and my decisions (about my career mostly but about other things too). Of course my reading has been affected and for the first time in my life*, I haven't read past 10 books in an entire year.

I would have thought this scenario to be impossible. Me, not read more than 10 books in a year? HAH. I used to read 10 books a month, like c'mon. But here I am. I'm still in a weird mood about reading and my pace is still slow but I'm chugging along. The point I'm trying to reach is that in the course of this year, my blog has also been something I've questioned over and over. Should I stop blogging? Is this fun anymore?

Sometimes the answer to both these questions is Yes and No. Yes, I should stop because it's not fun anymore. But then sometimes I think: No, I shouldn't stop because--yes!--it is fun. Right now I'm leaning towards not stopping because I DO want to post and I DO have some ideas for blogging topics as well as a ton of reviews I need to write. And of course a random post or two. I don't want to put this blog to rest yet. But do you know what I am putting to rest?

The silly stress I feel about not posting. And the nonstop apologies for not blogging enough. I feel the need to apologize over and over because I did have an audience at one point and I am sorry for not being consistent. But at the same time, I'm not a weekly newsletter nor a newspaper nor a research database. I'm just a person and I don't *have* to update constantly. So with that said, this is my last apology for not being consistent. I do intend to continue this blog for the time being but I'm not forcing myself to be on a schedule. As for anyone who's still commenting or visiting my site, I will always appreciate the time you take to stop by :)

To end this post on a much needed lighter note, some awesome book-related news**!!!

A NEW RAINBOW ROWELL BOOK NEXT YEAR. And it's about Simon and Baz. COMMENCE THE FLAILING.

image source 

Yes, I blew up the image because it is epic news and thus deserve to be seen. O_O

Also Rachel Hartman's SERAPHINA (which I totes adore) is coming out in paperback and SIGH I need it in my life. It's also going to be available in Spanish and of course I need that too. More info about this news here---you can see SERAPHINA in her paperback glory and *o*



*excluding the early years when I was a baby or couldn't understand the written word....because you know :P

**this is old book news but I haven't had the chance to post/fangirl about it. Haha, FANGIRL. Get it? See what I did there? I'll stop. :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you've had such a tough year Sandy, I hope 2015 is a complete 180 and sees you happy and excited about work and maybe blogging as well. You definitely do NOT need to apologize for not posting, though I understand the guilt as I'm the same way. Sending you warm wishes to you and yours:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenny. I have my fingers crossed!

      Delete
  2. *hugs Sandy*
    I totes understand you!! :D ^hugs^
    be gone pressure to post!!!

    Also, I hope I get more excited when Carry On comes on :) right now I'm a bit on the fence.

    ReplyDelete