Saturday, November 6, 2010

Do you review everything you read?

Source: We ♥ It

I've been blogging for over a year now. I created Pirate Penguin's Reads when I was in my senior year of high school and back then I didn't have to worry about too much. I didn't have any "serious" exams and without the pressure of having to obsessively study (I liked getting all A's on my report card), I had a lot of time to read. And a lot of time to write reviews.

But now that I'm in college, I've started a completely new chapter in my life (i.e. I have to grow up. *shudders*). Since that's happening, I haven't been able to sit down and read all the books that I want. I haven't stepped foot in my library in months nor have I bought any books (even though I really really want to at times). I mostly stick to my review pile which isn't too much, considering that it's only ten books while other bloggers.... well, you know. They have much more than ten. I used to feel guilty that I wasn't able to review everything that I read but I've realized that it's okay not to. It's okay to read something just for the fun of reading it. Sometimes you just don't have enough time to sit down and write a review about why you loved or hated a book.

I don't know why it took me so long to realize this but I'm glad it finally hit me. For now, I'm focused on reviewing books that I've promised to review and nothing else. But in deciding this, I'm wondering:

Do you review everything you read?

No comments:

Post a Comment