Friday, March 25, 2011

Little Golden Books Gown

Source
Andrea Cremer retweeted someone's link to an article about someone creating a dress made entirely out of Little Golden Books. I had to check this out and my jaw DROPPED at what I saw. Look at that. LOOK AT THAT. I'm in awe of the beauty! The vibrant colors! The designer explains: "The skirt is comprised entirely of the illustrations from the books sewn together with metallic gold thread, and the bodice is made from the books' foil spines."

I didn't go to my senior prom in high school but if I had, I would've wanted to wear this. What do you think? Is it genius? Innovative? Or completely sacrilegious? (I think it's awesome. xD) To see more pictures of the dress and the actual process of how it was made, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment