Thursday, March 17, 2011

Some thoughts on Thursday...

1.) Last week I couldn't tell you the difference between a quarter note and a half note but thanks to a friend  (and obsessively pouring over musical charts), I now know how to actually read music. This is amazing for me because despite playing the violin for many years, I never understood rhythm and I have always struggled with it. (How did I play then? Simple: I'd make my teachers play my performance pieces or look up songs on youtube and then memorize how they sounded. Playing the actual notes was easy but understanding when to play them....that's another story). Now I look at my sheet music with new eyes and I LOVE THAT I UNDERSTAND IT NOW. (Also, I have a midterm at the end of the month so I kind of had to understand it, hah...)

2.) Keeping up with the topic of music.... I've listened to Shakira's new album so many times and omgosh, it is so AWESOME. Sale El Sol is this eclectic mix of the old & new Shakira and it's just so great! There are many excellent dance songs and I am just loca, loca, loca for this album. ;)


She's wearing silly bandz!


3.) Spring is so close--thank goodness, I'm so sick of this cold weather!

4.) I can't wait until this semester is over so I can go crazy getting books from library. My library card hasn't gotten any action in a long time ;P

5.) I wasn't able to post an IMM last week but I did get one book last week: I traded with a fellow blogger and received Amy & Roger's Epic Detour. This was my first time trading and I had fun xD If you're interested, my trade list is here.


No comments:

Post a Comment