Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater


Publisher: Scholastic
Release Date: September 17th, 2013
Source: a super awesome friend (thank you, Tori!)
 
Now that the ley lines around Cabeswater have been woken, nothing for Ronan, Gansey, Blue, and Adam will be the same. Ronan, for one, is falling more and more deeply into his dreams, and his dreams are intruding more and more into waking life. Meanwhile, some very sinister people are looking for some of the same pieces of the Cabeswater puzzle that Gansey is after...
 
Review: You guys...I'm really going to have trouble expressing my feelings on this one. There was so much richness in this story in terms of character development, plot points deepening, and oh duh the suspense of not knowing what's happening next!! Also the introduction of new and sinister characters that make the ones from the first book look wimpy. o_o (And I mean that with uttermost respect because the first book was amazing, but this one....it's just heads above its predecessor.)
 
Can I mention how perfect the cover is? Because The Dream Thieves focuses much more Ronan and Stiefvater makes sure to give readers a deeper understanding of his character as his backstory and how this kid is a lit fuse that could make things infinitely better or worse. Ronan grew on me since the first book but I did not expect to like him as much as I do now. He's still sharp as glass and hard to handle, but his presence in Gansey's search for Glendower (as well as his character's impact for the overarching story) really shines through in The Dream Thieves. And no lie, his interactions with Chainsaw were the cutest. :)
 
As for the rest of the characters, there's finally some progress in the Gansey-Blue department but I won't spoil it for you--just know that it's so bittersweet and AHHH WHY MAGGIE. And poor Adam. What happened to him in the first book was agonizing and he continues to go in a direction that does not bode well for the rest of the gang, but knowing how the author handles her characters, it's bound to be something intensely mind blowing. I am simultaneously dreading and anticipating what happens to Adam and company. ;(

Final Verdict: It pains me that I have to wait for the last book because I am BURSTING with impatience to know how this series ends. So much has happened in the first two books already, and UGH Maggie Stiefvater just takes it to a level that I can't even begin to guess what could happen. What a book. I can't wait to own it and have it on my shelf. She has this way of introducing new characters or twists that have you scratching your head wondering but then BAM things happen and it all makes sense what that character said or felt from page 5 or whatever. Omg. >_<

Seriously. A+

 
 
 
Sorry if my review was a pile of mushy fangirling. But I warned you that I couldn't articulate my feelings on this book; my brain just can't come up with the right words to describe how absolutely wonderful this story is. Forgive me. xD

6 comments:

  1. Seriously A+ indeed, Sandy. LOVED IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit nervous to start reading this now, but I'm glad to see that you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How come? Is it all the hype surrounding it? Because I can guarantee that it's true!!

      Delete
  3. Nice! Glad to hear Maggie doesn't disappoint. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy you enjoyed this one too!! :) I can't wait to see the last book in this series and see more of this story. Great review :)

    Ann@Blogging E-book

    ReplyDelete