Tuesday, January 27, 2015

5 thoughts on this cold Tuesday

1) As I'm typing this, snow continues to fall down from the sky. It looks really pretty but everyone is in a state of panic. Blizzard 2015 (whose name is apparently Juno...) is supposed to be one of the most historic snowstorms ever to hit the east coast. And I believe it. I'm thankful for the fact that I can even write about it as I sit on my bed in my comfy pajamas.. I hope everyone in the eastern coast who is affected by this stays safe and warm!

2) I recently DNFed a book. I haven't dropped a book in a long time (I'm so picky nowadays) but the fact that NOTHING WAS HAPPENING in the story was making me impatient. DREAMER'S POOL was also my first Juliet Marillier book so I'm a little sad that it wasn't a smashing success. But I do intend on picking up DP again. Now that I've finally read a little of a Juliet Marillier book, I can see why she has so many fans. Her prose is stunning.

DAT COVER THOUGH. Gorgeous.
3) Bringing the topic back to snow, my first grad class would have yesterday but it was cancelled due to the weather. Sigh. I was actually excited to start too! So I've been reading my textbook assignments like a nerd :) 

4) Reviews! I need to write them. But I am planning on having one up soon for Heather Demetrios' I'LL MEET YOU THERE. (Spoiler: Absolutely loved it! Def pre-order worthy for anyone who's curious about it.)

5) Oh! I actually did complete a book lol. A.S. King's GLORY O'BRIEN'S HISTORY OF THE FUTURE was the pick for the YAcker's club and I enjoyed it even though some aspects of the story were slightly hard to digest. But it had some brilliant moments too. Not sure if I'll review this one here but I did give it 3 stars on goodreads.  


That's all! How is everyone doing? What have you read? Can you believe January is almost over already?

3 comments:

  1. Oh Sandy!! Stay warm and cozy inside your house! it sounds like a pretty bad storm :(
    And I'm sorry about your class, I know you are excited.

    Juliet Marillier has a really awesome prose but she can be slooooooow when she wants to :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex, I will! I don't plan on leaving my house unless absolutely necessary (which by the looks of it will not be).

      Yeah :( but I am catching up on my assignments like a good little student lol.

      DUDE. She writes so beautifully but she takes her time. I WANT ACTION. It's nice to stroll along with the characters and be introspective but not for over 100 pages.

      Delete
  2. I have been DNFing a lot lately. It's sad as so many of the books I have been trying are ones others have loved so much. I even have kind of liked a few, but just lost motivation to keep picking them up. so sad for your first marillier though! i recently read the first three in her sevenwaters series. (first one being Daughter of the forest). it was slower than i am used to to start with but become 110% do worth it as the second half was amazing.

    hope youre staying warm. it's summer here, but the sweltering dying days seem to have passed :)

    ReplyDelete