Along with working at the library, I've also been getting a few translation gigs in. I translate bi-annually for my school district (translating parent teacher conferences and the like) and this spring has been particularly active! I've also been doing more homework and I studied this past weekend for my midterm (which was yesterday!). I think I did well :)
Snapshot of March
- I posted about the cover for Marissa Meyer's final book in the Lunar Chronicle series, WINTER.
- I did a discussion post asking if anyone is a book collector. It's something I'm noticing quite a few bloggers do; I'm not crazy about collecting a lot of books but I make some exceptions. Some.
- One WoW post this month: featuring Mindy McGinnis' A MADNESS SO DISCREET. (Which sounds incredible!)
- Last, but certainly not least, I reviewed one book this month: SHADOW SCALE by Rachel Hartman. I had a lot of positive things to say about the series finale but I had some teensy issues with it. I'm also hosting a giveaway for a finished copy of SHADOW SCALE--it ends on April 2nd so there's still time to enter!
What's going on with me:
- Nothing new, other than homework assignments that keep me busy. I'm trying to be on top of things and hand in assignments earlier rather than later. My professors are very flexible with deadlines and while I appreciate that, I'd rather get things done and graded. The sooner I know how I'm doing in my courses, the better. (Also, I can relax sooner too!)
- Spring is technically here but it snowed on SPRING DAY so I don't trust my calender anymore.
- HOWEVER, I've been seeing geese around here and I'm taking that as a good sign because they come back when winter is finally done... I want warmer weather now, please.
- I'm reading! Only one book but it's SAVING FRANCESCA by Melina Marchetta. I read this once when I was in high school but I barely remember much (except for Will Trombal--for some reason, his character and his interactions with the mc are the only thing I remember).
- So....I noticed that I forgot to celebrate my blogoversary again this year. I remembered that it was March this time but with so much happening irl, I simply forgot to plan ahead! I'll probably do a small giveaway in April so look out for it.
So that's it you guys! Not a lot to report for March...nothing bad or good. I've just been busy irl. How is everyone doing?