Sunday, May 17, 2015

Some thoughts on a Sunday

1) I hung out with a good friend yesterday and it was so nice to catch up after a semester where I barely saw any of my friends. Also...

2) I'm finally done with my first semester of grad school! WOOHOO. I can sleep and eat and read peacefully now.

3) I started taking out some picture books from my job and they're so cute! I know that they're meant for a younger audience but I find them so charming. I also like to see how authors and illustrators come together to create meaningful messages within picture books.

4) I'm not going to BEA this year (my registration was rejected unfortunately) but I am going to attend BookCon with a friend. Debating whether I should bring my blue penguin with me. Is anyone else going?

5) Oh fanfic, I've found you late in the game but better late than never? Dramione. Dramione Dramione Dramione. It's a crack ship but I don't care. I'll be the captain of this ship forever and for always. (Yes, I'm a tad bit obsessed...)

6) I think I've been bit with the spring cleaning bug. Or maybe it's just good timing what with the arrival of spring...but I'm considering a few changes for myself and this blog. I've analyzed my feelings about this over and over again. I'm come to the conclusion that it's because blogging has completely changed how I read books. This isn't a bad thing; through blogging I've grown and I'm more familiar now with what I like to read vs what makes me scrunch up my face in angry scowls. Anyway I've decided to not accept anymore review copies for now. And I plan on eventually taking a brief hiatus so that I can recharge and come back re-energized about blogging.

So those are my thoughts this Sunday....how is everyone else doing?

1 comment:

  1. Penguins are always a must!!!!
    And I'm with you on picture books!! I LOVE THEM
    try anything by Oliver Jeffers, you'll love it. Specially his penguin books

    ReplyDelete