Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

-Grab your current read
-Open to a random page
-Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
-BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
-Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
1st teaser: For the first time, the man on the bench looked at the younger boy. His eyes were obscured by his glasses, the rest of his face was in shadow-but Nix did notice two things. The stranger was smiling, and despite an odd curve to his incisors that gave him a hungry, wolfish look, that smile, for the first time, didn't fill Nix with dread.
mmmm, I'm not going to give the second teaser. I think the first says enough for you all to be curious. Sorry for not posting these past two days, I've been out of it, stressing over finals this week while battling my relentless and evil senioritis. I really can't focus on school anymore but I'm forcing myself to... I had my music final today; I played my piece and I'm sure I impressed my teacher. She's Russian (Dimitri! ♥) and very stoic but when she smiled slightly, said nicely done (which is HUGE coming from her) I was very proud of myself. Kickin' musical butt since 4th grade, yo! xD Now I must concentrate on my art final which is draining my time (and patience). Love drawing, dislike my teacher. *sigh* But whatever! I promise that I'll have my next review up by...tomorrow. Thursday being the absolute latest. Okies? ;)

3 comments:

  1. Great teaser! Speaking of art... AP Art stole my soul. lol. But really.

    ooo and I dunno if you saw this or not...
    http://tainted-poet.blogspot.com/2009/06/thank-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, this book looks very interesting! Unique, for sure.

    Good luck on your art final! If that's the drawing that I saw, then it's looking good so far.~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... I can't stop staring @ the cover.

    ReplyDelete