Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill from Breaking The Spine. *

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan.
Release date: October 12, 2010
AHHHHHH! I love when these two co-collaborate on a book! The results are amazing. (as in, Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist--which, if you haven't read yet I will beat you with a stick.) Srzly. Get to it if you haven't!

Indigo Blues by Danielle Joseph
Release Date: July 1, 2010

Even though you tossed me away, I'm here to stay.
Oh, Indigo, how could you let me go . . .

-from "Indigo Blues" written by Adam Spade, performed by Blank Stare

Indigo: I never asked to be famous—or infamous. Such is my fate for briefly dating (and dumping) Adam Spade. Yes, the Adam from the indie rock band who wrote "Indigo Blues"—the song that gave the band overnight success, propelled them to New York City, and stole my precious anonymity. Now I'm pawed by fans, stalked by reporters, and pegged as a vicious heartbreaker. And Adam is still calling me. Doesn't he have better things to do?

Adam: With a hit single and a promising career, I should be on top of the world. People on the street are beginning to recognize me, which is cool. And scary. The band is counting on me to write another hit, but I can't stop thinking about Indigo. Why won't she answer the phone?

Not so crazy about this cover but it sounds really good! :D

6 comments:

  1. Both of them are looking and sounding good!
    Two great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These both sound really cool! The guy's facial expression on the Indigo Blues cover is weird. xD

    *runs away from stick* :P I haven't read Nick & Norah's infinite playlist yet! How much awesome have I missed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. DASH AND LILY'S BOOK OF DARES!
    I will die happy now.
    I cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll definitely be picking up Dash and Lily, because I really enjoyed Nick & Norah! The other cover made me think "orange and blue" (common among movie posters...and once you see it, it can't be unseen).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, awesome picks! I'm not too crazy about the Indigo Blues cover either, but it sounds cool :)

    ReplyDelete