Saturday, March 20, 2010

In My Mailbox 26

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme where you get to show off all the cool books you receive! This meme was inspired by Alea and memefied by Kristi.

From Around The World Tours:

When Winter’s boyfriend is killed in a plane crash in the Alaskan wilderness, she’s robbed of the future she’d only just allowed herself to believe might be hers. Winter and Spencer had been destined for one another. And after his death, Spencer’s presence continues to haunt her.

But when her next-door neighbor becomes an unlikely friend, Winter begins to accept all that she can’t change. Can she open herself to a new future . . . and a possible new love?

And...

Nina was beautiful, artistic, wild . . . and adored by her younger sister, Ellie. But one day, without any warning, Nina disappeared. Two years later, Ellie can't stop thinking about her sister. Although everyone else has given up hope that Nina will return, Elile just knows her sister is out there, somewhere. If only Ellie had a clue where to look. And then she gets one, in the form of a mysterious drawing tucked into the pages of a book. Determined to find her sister, Ellie takes off on a crazy, sexy, cross-country road trip with the only person who believes she's got a chance -- her hot, adventurous new crush. Along the way, Ellie finds a few things she wasn't planning on. Like love. Mysteries. Lies. And something far ore shocking -- the truth.

I won my copy of Wherever Nina Lies over at The Book Pixie. :)

Aaaand...

Grief-stricken by the loss of his parents, Titus Attwater is convinced his life will never improve. His older sister ignores his calls, his grades in school have plummeted, and his house, once a place of warmth and security, is now lonely, cold, and alien. But when a young man appears one night in Titus's house, claiming he came in upstairs through the full-length mirror, Titus's life gets turned upside-down. For, as Titus soon discovers, this intruder is not from Earth. Against his will, Titus is kidnapped and taken to another world, a place like Earth but markedly different. It is here where he will befriend angels, face assassins, and help a young prince unravel a prophecy that proves much darker and more twisted than any of them had imagined.

Meridi was kind enough to send me a copy of her novel along with a cool bookmark. :D Both things were signed. I squee-d.

A collection of dark faerie tales, inspired by folklore, myth and legend, told in the haunting lyrical style of dark poet E.J. Stevens.

Very short synopsis, but nonetheless I'm intrigued. I found the cover to be very alluring o.O... I've got two copies of Shadows of Myth and Legend along with some awesome swag sooooooo expect a contest in the future ;)


Alright, everybody! That's what I got this week. What's in your mailbox?


*A special thanks go out to E.J. Stevens and Meridi Myers for personally sending me their books to review!

12 comments:

  1. Winter Longing looks really good, I've heard positive things about it :D Enjoy your books, Sandy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just picked up Wherever Nina Lies from the library last week...can't wait to read your reviews! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome books! I want to read all four. Have fun reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet week! =D I enjoyed Wherever Nina Lies... its predictable but its still a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so very welcome! I am so glad to hear that your copies of Shadows of Myth and Legend arrived safely.
    xx,
    E.J.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good books! I received Titus and Atreus as well. Happy reading. :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm dying to read Winter Longing, so I'm curious to see what you think of it. Oh, and I loved Whenever Nina Lies (even though it was a bit strange in parts), so I hope you do too. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing in my mailbox this week but you've got some awesome looking books there. I like the look of Wherever Nina Lies, especially. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those books are so great, I think, I mean I already have them on my tbr list.. :)
    Enjoy the books you got.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got a bunch of great books this week. I've seen Wherever Nina Lies around the blogosphere lately, but haven't picked it up yet. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome books! Winter Longing looks great and so does the last book! Hope u enjoy them! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo nice week ahead. I love the cover of the last one.

    ReplyDelete