Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (even though it's still Tuesday.)

With her rare ability to breathe fire, Jacinda is special even among the draki—the descendants of dragons who can shift between human and dragon forms. But when Jacinda’s rebelliousness leads her family to flee into the human world, she struggles to adapt, even as her draki spirit fades. The one thing that revives it is Will, whose family hunts her kind. Jacinda can’t resist getting closer to him, even though she knows she’s risking not only her life but the draki’s most closely guarded secret.

I'm into fantasy right now and this one sounds flippin' awesome. The cover also strikes the perfect balance between being alluring and just slightly scary. (look at her eye, it just....stares at you all creepily.)

Sick of hearing about vampires? So is Meena Harper. But her boss is making her write about them anyway, even though Meena doesn't believe in them. Not that Meena isn't familiar with the supernatural. See, Meena Harper knows how you're going to die (not that you're going to believe her. No one ever does).

But not even Meena's precognition can prepare her for what happens when she meets — then makes the mistake of falling in love with — Lucien Antonescu, a modern-day prince with a bit of a dark side...a dark side a lot of people, like an ancient society of vampire-hunters, would prefer to see him dead for. The problem is, Lucien's already dead. Maybe that's why he's the first guy Meena's ever met that she could see herself having a future with. See, while Meena's always been able to see everyone else's future, she's never been able look into her own. And while Lucien seems like everything Meena has ever dreamed of in a boyfriend, he might turn out to be more like a nightmare. Now might be a good time for Meena to start learning to predict her own future...If she even has one.

 I can't believe I haven't mentioned this book before. Shame on me! Meg Cabot's one of my favorite authors and every book I've read by her I've enjoyed (so far.) The vampire craze tires me sometimes but I trust Meg Cabot. If anyone can write about vampires and not make me sick of them, it's her. I'm not sure how I feel about the cover though; it's certainly nice to look at but I kind of liked the first cover it originally had.


So... do you like the new cover or the old one? 


12 comments:

  1. Firelight looks SO GOOD. *reaches*

    I'm not really one for vampire books...but I do like Meg Cabot. hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both look great! The new cover of Insatiable is very pretty xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeeah, I'm not a fan of the new cover of Meg Cabot's novel. But I do like the sound of it. I'm definitely going to read it. I'm a total fan of Meg Cabot! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, two more titles to look out for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Firelight looks great! Ever since I read The Inheritance Cycle I've always been a fan of dragons.

    Personally, I like the first cover of Insatiable better. The second is sexier, but I'd be more likely to pick up the first 'cause it looks a bit more fun. Plus, I love the heels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Firelight looks so good~ And Insatiable too- I love Meg Cabot's books. Hmm, but I like the old cover better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great two books to wait for. I like the new cover!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful cover for Firelight. Mesmerized.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Firelight looks good!

    I like the old cover of Insatiable. The new one is too Buffy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Firelight has such a gorgeous cover and is already on my wishlist. As for Insatiable, I don't like either cover; too slutty in my opinion. However the premise does sound sorta interesting. I'll have to see. Great WoW post. :D

    ~Briana

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the cover for Firelight. It looks... wicked. Hahaa. :) And I have to say I do agree with the comment you made about being tired of the vampire craze. I'm sick of it too, but for some reason I still read about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ehhh i'm with you. i like the old cover better. but i love the cover for firelight!

    yay for new books!!

    thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete