Saturday, August 24, 2013

hi world, how are you?

so my blog is still mostly radio silent with some occasional bursts of posts. But I've come a long way from feeling how I did when I posted this and how I feel now. I'm not sure what the point of this post is, other than demonstrating that yes, I'm still here but that I'm more okay with the silence? I'm not sure. But what I do want to mention is that I think I'm going to have a giveaway coming up (it's been ages since I've had one) so be on the lookout for that.

And to get on a slightly more personal level, I'm starting school again on Monday for what I hope will be my last semester as an undergrad *crosses fingers* before I go into student-teaching in the spring. (If anyone remembers, I want to be an ESL teacher.) I have to take some state exams for initial certification and I'm happy to report that I passed one of them! :) I took it in July and those were some of the most excruciating 4 hours of my life that I will never get back, but it was worth it in the end. I still have two other exams to go, but I believe the CST is the worst of them so phew!

But to go back to books, I am currently reading The Dream Thieves and OMG you guys. The sequel is even better than The Raven Boys, how does she write so amazinglyyyy. *fangirl spiral*

 
Her Writing Magnificence Maggie has also announced her tour schedule for The Dream Thieves and she will be in NYC in October. She will be there with three other authors (one of them being David Levithan) but yeah hello Maggie's coming back to the East Coast!
 
 
I am always in awe of all the places she goes to on tour because it must be so exhausting! But how nice of her to do all that she does for her fans--especially when she must be away from her own family. ANYWAY YAY YAY YAY SHE'S COMING HERE. ♥
 
Andddd that's it, really. I will be posting a review for The Dream Thieves at some point before its release date so also be on the lookout for that. :) But enough about me, tell me how you all have been! Are you doing anything special before the summer ends? Or what you reading? :)

8 comments:

  1. I think you're doing great blogging. You post when you can and that's cool with me. :D

    Wahooooooooo! I love hearing how awesome you're doing with school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juju, your comments are always the sweetest! ♥

      Delete
  2. Congrats on passing one of the certification exams! I'm not very good at taking exams so yay you for passing. :) And that's cool that you want to be an ESL teacher.

    I've been hearing such good things about The Dream Thieves, I can't wait to read it. Lucky that you'll be able to attend one of Maggie's signings. I would love to get a signed copy of The Scorpio Races (or maybe The Dream Thieves if it's really as good as everyone says it is). I hope she gets the chance to visit the Philippines or Singapore someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not the best at them either and this one had me questioning my sanity while I was taking it...so the fact that I passed is a miracle :) Yup, ESL is my area of interest<3

      I hope Maggie visits you one day!! She's visited Europe so maybe one day...

      Delete
  3. *hugs* Im so happy you passed the exam!! and that you're doing okay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for passing the test! and you must let me know how the student teaching goes, i'm also interested in esl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) And I'll let you know in a few months xD but I will say ESL is very rewarding.

      Delete