Sunday, June 7, 2009

In My Mailbox (2)



In My Mailbox is a meme that was started by Kristi at The Story Siren. Very fun.


In the late seventeenth century, famed teenage pirate Emer Morrisey was on the cusp of escaping the pirate life with her one true love and unfathomable riches when she was slain and cursed with "the dust of one hundred dogs," dooming her to one hundred lives as a dog before returning to a human body-with her memories intact.
Now she's a contemporary American teenager and all she needs is a shovel and a ride to Jamaica.


I'm not a big fan of skulls but I made an exception for this book. The cover is so.... unique. I bought this on a whim from Borders and I have high expectations (it's gotten a lot of great reviews). I'm hoping it won't disappoint.

Gah, I hate my computer. It's mean and won't let me try to make my site more interesting. I have to run away to the library one day so I can sit down and make my site the way I want it to be! So sorry if it seems bland, I'm trying to work with what I have. Ugh, I have my violin final this Tuesday and will you believe that I haven't once practiced my piece? (Senioritisssss.) I just can't seem to muster up any worry for school-related work. I'm going to be done with high school in less than a week! Thank god. It was just so annoying. ;P Before I go, I must rant about this movie that I watched over a week ago- and still can't get out of my mind. It's called North & South. If anyone's a Jane Eyre or Pride & Prejudice fan, I HIGHLY recommend that you watch North & South. Not only is it amazing and romantic (I am a romance junkie!) but it's historically accurate and depicts the social barrier when the Industrial Revolution was starting in England. Auuugggh, I love Mr. Thorton ♥ I even requested it from the library and it's currently "in transit". I can't wait to get my hands on it! x)

I sat on my couch for THREE HOURS (it's looong but it's completely faithful to the novel. BBC movies usually are!) to finally see the moment when they kissed. THREE HOURS! But it was so worth it. :) I LOVE LOVE! *spazzes*

5 comments:

  1. Aww!! How cute!! I must check this out now...

    As for the book, It looks interesting! I haven't heard of it before now, but I can't wait for your review!! :)

    Ooo and new layout! Trying something different? x)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Pride and Prejudice and Jane Eyre. I'm gonna have to get North and South and read it. The Dust of 100 Dogs sounds kind of interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, so I just realized that you once asked me for help on your blog! Well if you still need some help w/ HTML or anything, feel free to email me. I would have emailed you but you have no email provided (that I could find at least). You can find me at ---> Taintedpoet@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Auuugh, I still can't wait to get my hands on Dust of 100 Dogs. It seems pretty good from what I've seen so far, but I'm looking forward to your review!
    And congratulations on hitting phase one of remodelling the blog. XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandyyyyyyy!!!!! Ur looost! come by and say hi on the Wordgasm!!

    ^^ Oh and BTW Eli and me are thinking of doing a new blog, but its a blog for the new generation of bloggers, and just so you know, u have a request to join our evil and perverse minds in this trance of acid that is called blogging ( no idea for the name still)... And well if you want to talk more email me at rockin._.taschima@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete