Sunday, March 25, 2012

2012, you're torturing me with all these books!

Even though I haven't had much time to blog lately, that doesn't mean that I'm not interested in the latest books coming out, being published, etc. I still have to use the internet for school so sometimes I get sidetracked when I check up on the most recent bookish news, hehe. Here are some 2012 books that I'm VERY excited about:


Ok, so I admit I haven't read any of Peterfreund's books yet but FDStS sounds amazing--it was inspired by Jane Austen's Persuasion and if you know me, you know that I like me some Austen goodness. It's also a stand-alone novel, and those are becoming rare these days in the fantasy/sci-fi genre.


It's Maggie Stiefvater. ......Is there really any other explanation? lol. The Raven Boys is her latest and I wantz it, end of story.


Oh, I have been waiting for this book! I've finally gotten used to it being named Something Strange & Deadly and it is Something I Want To Read Now. (Sorry for the lame joke, lol.) 


Here's another debut I've been waiting for ever since I heard about it last year. The cover was released this past February and I love how it looks like there's one face, but there's actually two (just like the characters in the story!). 


I haven't read middle grade books in years and I know I need to change that: there are some excellent MGs out there. That's why my excitement shot through the roof when I heard that Shannon was finally getting her MG series published. I couldn't be happier for her :D (And LOOK at that cover!)


Ah, The Vicious Deep. I've had the great luck of already reading this book and I can honestly say it's probably one of the best books I've read this year--and it's so refreshing because a.) the MC is a guy b.) the writing is stellar c.) there are freaking mermaids in this story and some of them are EVIL. Me gusta. I can't wait for this to come out because I will definetely be buying the finished copy--I need it to sit prettily on my shelf<3


Omg. >_< I follow Trish's tumblr and she's posted a few excerpts of her debut which have me dying to read this! Good thing it comes out in June--I'm not sure I could handle waiting for more than that.


How can you resist a tagline like this: A powerful debut novel about the gray space between truth and perception. Seriously. I'm wondering what secrets the MC is keeping.


Out of Reach--another contemporary YA that I'm curious about. It sounds like a suspenseful read and will be out later this year. I'll be in school taking midterms again. *dies a little*

Books that don't have covers yet but it doesn't matter because I want to read them:
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Mass (fantasy! yay!)
What Happens Next by Colleen Clayton (gasp, another contemporary! :D)

Sigh. I expect this list will be getting longer since these are books that I only know about now. I'll probably spaz out for more when I find out about them. Do you have any 2012 books you're waiting for?

1 comment:

  1. You covered a lot of it, but I'm so excited for a couple of others: Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore is on the top of my list. And Markus Zusak's newest book. And, for MG, Shannon Hale's sequel to Princess Academy. Also DYING to read Julie Kagawa's next to books.

    ReplyDelete