Sunday, June 16, 2013

Sunday Five

1.) Just wanted to say another quick thank you to everyone that responded to my last post. You guys made me feel much better ♥

2.) Amazingly, I'm almost halfway done with both of my summer classes for the first part of summer. (I have a third one but it doesn't start until July.) One of my classes is a film class where we watch Latin American films and learn about the historical contexts of certain countries. We've just finished a unit on Argentina, and we watched this great crime drama called Nueve Reinas (Nine Queens) starring Ricardo Darin. I highly recommend it because the acting is great, and the plot twists are so mind-bending! You don't know what's going to happen and that ending. Uf! I'd link a trailer but the ones on YouTube--even with English subtitles--don't do the movie justice.

3.) I recently read Deanna Raybourn's Silent in the Grave and holyyyyy crap man. I'm going to try to write up a review for it soon but take my word for it IT'S AWESOME AND YOU NEED TO READ IT. And if you don't believe me, read Angie's review for it.

4.) I bought some books this past week, something I haven't done in a long time. Maybe I'll do an IMM-type post later this week.

5.) I've always been intrigued by crafts-type stuff and origami has always been a keen interest of mine. On my flight to Florida a few weeks ago, I read in a magazine about dollar origami and after finding a website with how-to instructions, I've been doing some basic dollar origami! here's the link if you're interested. Ignore the spammy ads and you should be good :)

That's all! How was your weekend? Anything good or exciting happen?

6 comments:

  1. Oo, yes you have joined the club for love of Silent in the Grave? Yay! Isn't it sooo good? I'm pretty sure it is on my favorites of all time list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Origami? Funnnn!

    Your class sounds way cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a newbie, but it's so much fun!

      It's pretty awesome, I must say. I love when films mix fictional characters with actual history.

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen it in years, but for some reason I watched Nine Queens when I was in high school and LOVED it - I need to re-watch ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, Sandy I just read your burn out post. So sorry! I've felt some of the same feelings this year. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete