Saturday, March 8, 2014

Survival is the name of the game

Look, I'm buried under papers!

Now that I WANT to come back to blogging more, I find that I barely have the time to. Isn't it funny how life works sometimes? Between creating lessons for history, science and English, grading exams and doing all the other human necessities such as sleeping and eating, I have had no time at all to read for pleasure. And it stinks :(

But what I'm also realizing from my student teaching is that teachers in general do SO much for our kids today. I had respect for my teachers before but now that I'm in their shoes, I find that my respect and admiration for all educators has gone up tremendously. If you can, tell your teachers thank you. Send them notes or flowers on Teacher's Day this upcoming May. They really deserve our gratitude and the best way to show it is by telling them. Or you know, sending them a gift card to Starbucks or Amazon. Just some friendly suggestions ;)

3 comments:

  1. With each year it gets easier and the paper load gets easier to tackle. For English if you aren't already incorporating independent reading you should try it. It's the perfect time to model reading and can be some great conversation starters. I know it's hard to ignore the stack of papers during silent reading time, but show your students how important choice reading is. Good luck with the rest of your student teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hugs*
    I think that only about 30% of the teacher's job is actually done in front of the class, the rest is grading and prepping work and lesson plans - the amount of time that I spend tinkering with work sheets alone amazes me - it's all outside of class time.

    But I love the feeling when my kids finally understand something I'm trying to explain them. :)

    You'll get the hang of it and you'll get more free time, I promise!!! :D Though you might just want to sleep during that free time, which is perfectly OK. :D

    ReplyDelete