Saturday, March 29, 2014

It's that time of year again...

 
Testing! Regents! And it's ELA next week.
 
 
I thought I would have time to have a life outside of teaching but BOY was I wrong. I know I'll get the hang of it eventually but as a newbie teacher, having to deal with over 20 ESL students, teaching them, grading their work, following them into their other classes AND making sure that I have separate lessons for the ones who aren't taking the ELA exam (no more watching movies, alas)....it's been a tough semester. But I'll get there. If the radio silence hasn't been answer enough, I'll write it out here: I won't be posting until after May.  I have so much on my plate already and I don't want reading or blogging to become a chore ;(  I've been so consumed with school work and whatnot that I don't think I can lend any more neurons to blogging about books...which makes me sad but for now, that's the reality. What  really sucks is that I had some great books to recommend but hey, at least I can tweet about them right?
 
So I'll see you all in May. And for anyone out there who's a parent, hug your kid and tell them that the exams aren't scary, they can rock it and that even if they make mistakes, they can always do better tomorrow.
 
Sorry. Had to put that out there, what with being a teacher and all ;)

4 comments:

  1. *hugs* You will prevail in the end, Sandy-belle!
    :D

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *hugs back!!!!* I really hope so, Alex. And thanks! I'll see you in May xD

      Delete
  2. Oh good luck honey. *hugs* We'll miss you and be rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *hugs back!* Thank you for the kind words, Juju. I hope I'll be back ASAP so I can start blogging regularly again. I really miss it!

      Delete