Sunday, June 29, 2014

Showcase Sunday #1


Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicky over at Books, Biscuits and Tea. The aim of this meme is to highlight the bookish goodies we've either received, bought or borrowed from the library. 

I guess I needed a meme to go along with because "book haul" just sounded so boring to me. And since IMM posts are pretty much dead on my site, I thought Showcase Sunday was the perfect meme to go with. It even sounds nicer :)

So this is what I've got:


Bought: 
Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen
Anna & the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins 
The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon 
Salvage by Alexandra Duncan 
Falling for You by Lisa Schroeder 
Bloodsong by Rhiannon Hart (review

Gifted: 
Bombay Blues by Tanuja Desai Hidier (thank you, Janice!) 

Library:
Graceling by Kristin Cashore (not shown)
Fire by Kristin Cashore (not shown)

I bought the titles in blue from Book Off, this awesome store in NYC that Janice had recommended on her blog which I'll link right here. I felt like visiting this store after BookCon. If you live in the New York area, I highly recommend trying out this store. I thought it was even better than the Strand, which I haven't visited in months. (And I don't regret that!) The pink titles I bought at my local indie store :) I mentioned this in my review but I bought Bloodsong from Amazon. 

I was ecstatic once I found out that the long-awaited sequel to BORN CONFUSED by Tanuja Desai Hidier was finally going to be released this year. You guys, I love Tanuja's debut. It's been A DECADE since I read it and I still love it. It could have ended as a stand-alone but I had read news that the author was working on a sequel... it's been a long wait, but I'm very excited. A million thank-you's to Janice who kindly gave me the ARC she received at BEA. 

I'm also FINALLY reading Kristin Cashore's books and though I haven't made a huge dent in Graceling, I really like it so far. I plan on reviewing the books next month. 

So that's all for me! What do you have? ^_^ 

5 comments:

  1. Cool, I like this new meme!!
    :D
    Tell me how Falling For You Turns out :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graceling and Fire!! Both are great, although I loved Fire more. Hope you enjoy all of your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a few people who have said the same thing about fire. Thanks Lea!

      Delete
  3. I liked the Strand when I visited, but I remember thinking the employees there were very hipster and kind of looked down on me when I deigned to ask them questions. I'll have to check out Book Off whenever I'm next in New York (probably a long time away). I was hoping to read Graceling this summer as well! So glad to hear you're enjoying it so far. Can't wait to dig in!

    ReplyDelete