Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This one's going to be hard because there are plenty of characters I'd want to sit with, and since I'm no longer a teenager I don't care about the 'cool' factor of middle or high school so I'll definitely be sitting with whoever I want ;D
1) Owen from Sarah Dessen's JUST LISTEN. I loved him from the get-go and I think his policy for always telling the truth (no matter how ugly or uncomfortable) would suit me. A lot of people probably wouldn't be able to handle this type of honesty in high school OR middle school but since I'm pretending that my 22-year-old self is sitting at this lunch table, I believe I could handle it. Also Owen's tall and cute so...
2) Blue from Maggie Stiefvater's THE RAVEN BOYS. She's practical, artsy and unafraid of being who she is. Also I would LOVE to be invited to her house and meet all the crazy awesome women at 300 Fox Way. (Also it would be so cool to see her and Owen talking or even arguing. Can you imagine???)
3) Eleanor from Susan Dennard's SOMETHING STRANGE & DEADLY. This girl has battled zombies, likes buttered bread, has magical powers and yet she's still down-to-earth. I'd love to sit and talk with her!
4) Jace from Swati Avasthi's SPLIT. Jace has a rough home life but he's very good at camouflaging it from the rest of the world. I'd like to have him sit at my table so I could talk to him and give him a friend and someone to confide in. He's a cool guy and I'd happily lend him an ear (or a spot on my couch to crash for whenever he'd need it!).
5) Jazz from Barry Lyga's I HUNT KILLERS. I think that Jace and Jazz (hah, both have names with J!) would probably have loads to chat about since they both have issues with their fathers. But the same would apply to Jazz: I'd be glad to help him out and be a friend.
6) Dimple from Tanuja Desai Hidier's BORN CONFUSED. This girl is DEEP. I loved reading her narration so having her daily commentary--along with her trusty camera--would be super cool. We could take pictures together (I envision her with an EPIC instagram account), we could talk and bond about how we both feel like we're too Other in both of our cultures. Also I could give her advice to just GO AFTER THE BOY. Sheesh.
7) Karou from Laini Taylor's DAUGHTER OF SMOKE & BONE. I would live vicariously through Karou. She's traveled the world, has actual BLUE HAIR and she's kind despite seeing so much darkness. And maybe I'm being ironic but she'd be sitting at a table with a girl named Blue...and Blue doesn't actually have blue hair.
8) Cath from FANGIRL. She'd probably sit at the end of the table and do her Cath thing but she's pretty cool imo. I would love to collaborate with her on writing projects except I wouldn't do what Nick did. I HATE NICK. I would've used his paisley scarf and strangled him. >_>
9) Isla & Josh from Stephanie Perkins' ISLA AND THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER. We all know you can't separate these two xD They're too adorable and fun and they could tell me about Barcelona while Isla is sitting on Josh's lap. He wouldn't mind, and I'd probably be too busy going YOU GUYS, YOU'RE SO CUTE IT'S NAUSEATING...please continue ♥
10) Will & Alona from Stacey Kade's THE GHOST & THE GOTH. Having Will at my table would be amazing! And I bet it'd help if he had had someone who knew about his "gift." I'd totes cover for him. As for Alona, I wouldn't want these two separated. They'd be fun to watch as they bicker. xD