I had so many things happening in September, I'm kind of amazed at how I even managed to fit in time to read for fun. I've been helping a friend prepare lessons for her new part-time teaching position, I've been working more, and I am starting to get the ball rolling on grad school. So anyway, I read two books in September but I reviewed three (you'll see what I mean):
This was an impulse read after discovering it at my library and let me tell you, I had WORDS to describe this book. And they were not positive.
Then this NA title by Ann Aguirre made its way into my hands. I had requested it from my public library and did not expect to get it so soon (the date online said I would receive it in October). Then the following day I got a text from the library saying it was ready for pickup! So I read this with high hopes....and I wasn't disappointed exactly but I wasn't enthused either.
Oh, and then this gorgeous book. I had read it in August but I took forever in reviewing it. I don't know how many times I rewrote/added onto the first draft of my review for FANGIRL but it took ages. I had a lot to say about this story but all you need to know is that I, like so many others, loved it to pieces.
Snapshot of September
- I participated for one of the Top Ten Tuesday topics which was "characters sitting at my lunch table". I think I had a nice variety of characters and all of them happen to be YA.
- I also did one Showcase Sunday post where I show off the latest books I bought. Along with a few library acquisitions.
- A brief pause for September 11th. I think that speaks for itself.
- I HAD to post about Emma Watson's flawless speech about feminism and how it is something that should be taken seriously, and that is NOT about hating men. Far from it. I love the idea behind the #HeForShe campaign.
- I was recently tagged by Alex to do The Seven Deadly Bookish Sins tag and it was a lot of fun to come up with my answers!
Next Month's Reads
I *still* need to catch up with THE ARCHIVED that you all voted for and I've been in such a weird, moody phase when it comes to reading that I'm not planning anything for October. I'm just going to pick up whatever strikes my fancy and focus on review pile along with the picks my readers have chosen for me. So along with THE ARCHIVED, I'll eventually be reading....
It was close between this and THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE but IF I STAY won. So I'll be picking it up sometime soon. Thanks to all that voted!!!
What's going on with me:
- I am LOVING the arrival of the fall season. I'm tired of summer and flip flops so I'm totes ready for colder weather, multi-colored leaves and Halloween! :D
- I got an instagram!!! And it's SO addictive. Forever Young Adult had their photo-a-day challenge which I decided to participate in which meant getting one and I don't regret it! It's so much fun.
- I mentioned before that I'm starting the process to apply for grad school and I have decided to go for library science! I'm not sure why I didn't think of doing this sooner but I am excited, I have a program in mind and now I need to get my stuff ready for admissions. I'm legit ready to be a student again, I miss school.
So how are you doing, my lovely readers? Happy for fall? Ready for pumpkin-flavored treats and drinks? ;)