That sounds rather intense but it's true. I deactivated my netgalley account (I'll be permanently deleting it soon) and I went through my personal collection, sorting through books I want to keep (like my beloved copies of FANGIRL*) and the ones I don't want anymore. I'm going to try to sell my finished copies to my local indie bookstore and if I can't get rid of them all, I'll just donate the remaining copies to my library.
Snapshot of May
- I did a WoW where I featured THE COINCIDENCE OF COCONUT CAKE by Amy Reichert. My good friend Alex told me about it and it sounds like an adorable read. It's pitched as a cross between You've Got Mail and How to Eat a Cupcake.
- I reviewed the super awesome HER BEST WORST MISTAKE by Sarah Mayberry. A steamy read that promises to deliver an excellent story. I. Loved. It.
- I posted the SUPERGIRL trailer which looks amazing.
- I shared some thoughts on a Sunday. Six to be exact!
What's Going on with Me
- I started listening to Sara Zarr's podcasts (thanks to Alex's recommendation ;D) and they're really great. She talks to various YA authors and other professionals in the publishing industry about the writing life. Take a listen if you're curious :)
- As I mentioned before, I'm ruthlessly going through my books and doing away with any that I haven't read or that I've read but I'm not in love with. It's nice to have the space in my room and hopefully my finished copies will fall into another reader's hands.
- Still waiting to hear back about my app for grad school; I had a few issues submitting it but surprisingly I wasn't stressing out over it. Maybe I'm finally learning to be like Elsa and...wait for it....
|weren't expecting THAT were you?|
Seriously wtf, WHERE IS THIS YEAR GOING? It just got here and now we're already halfway through O_o but as long as I don't see snow for another couple of months....I'll be fine. Anyway how is everyone doing lately? How has the first half of 2015 treated you?
*that's right, MULTIPLE COPIES. I currently own 3. Consider me a rabid--aha--fangirl.