Monday, September 29, 2014

Book Tag: The (Bookish!) Seven Deadly Sins

image source
I was tagged by the fabulous Alex who runs Anime Girl's Bookshelf. This tag was created by BookishlyMalyza. 


GREED: What is your most expensive book? What is your least expensive book?
Not counting my textbooks? My most expensive book is definitely my special edition of FANGIRL by Rainbow Rowell. Which honestly wasn't even that much! But once I saw it, I *had* to have it. As for my least expensive book, probably the Y A hardcovers that I bought from Book Off in New York City which cost $1 each. 

WRATH:What author do you have a love/hate relationship with?

I try to see books as works by an author, not a reflection of how the author is as a person. I have to say that as of now I don't have any authors that I love/hate. So I guess I have no answer for this one!

GLUTTONY:What book have you deliciously devoured over and over with no shame whatsoever?

I'm a huge rereader so I've devoured many books without shame. I'll have to say Lisa Kleypas' THE DEVIL IN WINTER. I read it over and over for the swoon and the sexy times, yes, but I also marvel at how well crafted the two main characters are and happily trace their steps as they fall in love with each other ♥ 

SLOTH: What book have you neglected reading due to laziness?

Definitely George R.R. Martin's GAME OF THRONES series and perhaps Brandon Sanderson. Have you seen either of these authors' books? They resemble bricks! I feel like I need to be in the right mindset and not have any other books waiting to be read.

PRIDE: What book do you most talk about in order to sound like a very intellectual reader?
I always fall back on my Spanish lit degree and mention Don Quixote de la Mancha. I read portions of it for my lit course along with epics like Mio Cid and plays by famous Spanish playwrights. (Fuenteovejuna by Lope de Vega anyone?) I ate this stuff up as I studied it so I can definitely chat about it :)


LUST: What attributes do you find most attractive in male or female characters?

It depends! For guys, I go for the ones that are sweet, supportive and can make me laugh. So Levi from FANGIRL is a good example. But I don't mind if my fictional guys have a little bit of a toughness to them--I'm thinking along the lines of Noah's character from PUSHING THE LIMITS. Basically a guy that is inherently good on the inside and is willing to fight for you as well as alongside you :) 

For girls, give me a level-headed lady who is smart, compassionate and knows what she wants! I'd be remiss if I didn't include Hermione as one of my favorite literary ladies but others include Blue from the RAVEN CYCLE series, Evie from THE DEVIL IN WINTER or Ismae from GRAVE MERCY. All of these ladies are different from each other but they each encompass the qualities that I think are very important. And they're badasses so.... ;)

ENVY: What books would you most like to receive as a gift?

I'm falling in love with graphic novels and picture books so anything from either genre would make me happy. In terms of graphic novels, I'd love something like EL DEAFO by Cece Bell or HABIBI by Craig Thompson. As for picture books I'd be so happy to receive STELLALUNA by Janell Cannon.  

I had a lot of fun with this book tag! So I'll choose some peeps now. I tag:
Donna @ Lit Bites 
Leah @ YA Book Queen
...and anyone else that would like to join! :)

4 comments:

  1. What a fun post.

    Stellaluna is kinda an awesome name don't ya think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a neat tag. I may have to give it a try myself.

    I'm with you on A Devil In Winter. I don't have a copy of the book anymore, but the characters still manage to pop into my mind from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! I'm with you on Game of Thrones - I read the first book, but then I got too lazy with the second novel and only read two chapters.

    ReplyDelete