My room has finally been repainted! I've lived in the same house since I was 8 and my room has had the same colors for all this time. (Top half pink, bottom half dark purple....with a Barbie border *shudders*) It was cute for the time when I moved here as a child but now at 23 I was desperate for a change and I got my wish! It's now an awesome purple color. It's called 'orchid blush' according to Home Depot. How fanceh lol.
Snapshot of February:
- I posted about two new books I hadn't heard of previously. One being a modern retelling of Jane Eyre where our girl Jane is Korean, and the other being Lydia Bennet's diary from the LBD series. Can you say SQUEE?
- I did a discussion post where I shared my story of how I chose the name of my blog and asked peeps how they decided on their names. I'm pleasantly surprised to see that so many of you really like the name of my blog! :)
- I reviewed Heather Demetrios' I'LL MEET YOU THERE. This is a fantastic book and if you haven't picked it up yet, I urge you to get on that. Whether you buy it, trade for it or request it at your library...I promise you, it's so worth it.
- I discovered this crazy cool video featuring an adult Wednesday Addams fight back against sexist asshats. Imagine my delight when I saw that this was a web series :D
- I was invited by the lovely Kat Ross to be in her blog tour for her debut novel, SOME FINE DAY. (Which sounds scary/amazing judging by its synopsis!) There's also some awesome prizes for anyone who comments throughout her tour so click on the link if you're curious!
- I reviewed BAKE SALE, a kids' graphic novel by Sara Varon. It was cute but a little weird tbh.
What's going on with me:
- I saw The Duff last night with a friend. We were planning on seeing The Kingsman (we're hugh Colin Firth fans) but the theater we went to had such a long line and we were already late for the showing so we opted to see The Duff instead. I knew walking in it'd be completely different to the book which I read years ago but I was curious to see how different it is. Unsurprisingly, it's COMPLETELY different from the book but still pretty enjoyable! I thought Mae Whitman did a great job portraying Bianca. Maybe I might do a post about the movie, but overall it's worth your time and it's a fun film even if you haven't read the book. My friend and I were LOLing because the girls next to us (tweens) were all OMG I didn't expect them to kiss blahblahblah. I kept thinking, have they never seen a rom com?!
- Um, am currently procrastinating on doing my hw... it's bad x_x
- I'm debating on whether I will be able to afford going to BEA and BookCon this year but I desperately want to go.
- I'm still rereading THE WINNER'S CURSE and I picked up EL DEAFO by Cece Bell. No surprise that I'm loving TWC and that ED is immensely enjoyable as the reviews I've read have promised it will be. Hopefully I'll have reviews up for them both in March.
- Speaking of March, WHO IS EXCITED THAT SHADOW SCALE WILL BE RELEASED? MEEEEE. PS I'm going to be posting a review for SC and have a giveaway for it EEP x)
So how have you all been? Good, I hope. And warm... I'm ready to be done with this winter. It's probably been the coldest I've ever gone through.