July 2014: Also known as the month WHERE I DIDN'T POST ANY REVIEWS.
Oh, the embarrassment. The disappointment.
Well, except for the reread I did of Stacey Kade's The Ghost and The Goth.
Which you can read here if you missed it! Spoiler alert: I enjoyed it even more the second time around. ;)
But that's really it. This month was super slow for me and I actually didn't read that much! I had started Graceling but then I decided to try Fangirl on a whim and.... well....
The book may have just had my soul in its clutches and it refused to let go. Or maybe I didn't want to let go.
This GIF accurately portrays my reading experience with Rainbow Rowell's Fangirl. I DIDN'T WANT IT TO END YOU GUYS. It was that magical.
Snapshot of July
Nothing exceptional happened this month tbh. The only things were....
- I made a quick, GIF heavy reaction post after finishing Fangirl. If you don't already know, when I like something, I like it A LOT. Like, dramatically so.
- I shared two videos that I thought were amazing: first, the animated short called "The Duet" and then the video that Disney released of "Let It Go" where various female singers perform it in their native languages. 25 languages to be exact!
- I also spazzed out when Rachel Hartman revealed the cover for Shadow Scale, the sequel to Seraphina.
Next Month's Reads
*coughs* this is awkward, but my reads for this month are still the same as last time.
- Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson (which I'm enjoying immensely!)
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore
- ??????? aka whatever strikes my fancy. :S I've been on a YA contemporary kick which NEVER happens.
Since I failed to read Amy & Roger before July ended, I'm going to read and review this for August. Which means that I'll have a poll up where you lovely readers can vote for what I'll read for September. I'll post the choices soon!
What's going on with me:
- Yesterday I took one of my last exams for teacher certification. I don't know when I'll get my results back (probably within a month) but it's mind boggling that all I have left is my e-portfolio to hand in and...I'm done. Then once I do well on my e-portfolio (fingers crossed!), I can FINALLY apply for my initial certification. Like wut? I'm doing a real-world adult thing o_O
- I need to fess up about something. My lack of reading this month is MOSTLY because I've been slowly savoring Fangirl and not wanting to finish it because it was that good but also because...I've been reading fanfiction too. It's funny how once I started reading fanfiction, I then decided to read Fangirl and...yeah....it's serendipitous and all that jazz. You want to know what type of fanfiction? Harry Potter fanfic. O_O I had tried fanfic as a teen but it never really clicked with me. Fast forward to NOW where out of the blue I saw the term 'dramione' being thrown about. I mentioned this funny term to my friend who lo and behold was a dramione fan. She convinced me to try reading some dramione fanfic and....I became hooked. I can't believe I'm admitting this to you guys. *hides* But there you have it. I am unapologetically a Dramione fan. ♥ I hope we can still be friends.
|this is pretty much my face when I read me that dramione fanfic.|
- I've decided that I WILL apply to grad school for 2015! I guess you can't take me out of the classroom for too long. I miss the world of academics and being a student again will be nice. Now I have to pray that I'm accepted. And get recommendation letters. And write a personal statement. ....Oh boy X_X
So that's it! Guys, we're already in August which means that there's only 4 months left until 2014 is over!!! WHAT THE HECK. I feel like we just started 2014!!! How is everyone doing? What are you reading? Let me know in the comments! :)