August 2014: The month where I actually read something! Woohoo!
This month, I read four books but reviewed two. I waited too long to post a review for FANGIRL but I will definitely have it up before next week! And I will review ISLA soon--I purposely kept myself from posting until the start of September. I have a possible guest post brewing about ISLA and hopefully you guys will like it!! Now onto the books I did review....
You guys voted for this one and I'm so glad it won! I read and really enjoyed Morgan Matson's debut novel. It hit the spot and kick started my yearning for YA contemporary books! Also it made me want to take a road trip across the USA. :)
Then a friend lent me a copy of this beauty and OMG YOU GUYS. I posted literally moments after I finished this and it gave me the feels. I haven't reviewed this yet but beware: I will definitely gush about this one.
Then I decided to try ToG again after I found out that Sarah is coming to NYC this month (tomorrow actually!) and because my friend who adores her books kept insisting I should try again. Well, I'm glad I had these two forces pushing me because I enjoyed it the second time around! I had some issues with it but overall it was a fun book. I definitely recommend it. :) Right now I'm reading the sequel and UGH IT IS EVERYTHING I WANTED FROM THE FIRST BOOK. I'm enthralled, yo.
Snapshot of August
It was quiet around these parts in August. But some things did happen!
- I posted the inspirational music video for BODYPOP. This might not make sense for anyone that isn't familiar with blogilates but I urge you to watch this music video or at least to check out the blogilates channel on youtube!
- I did two WoWs this month: one for Kimberley Griffiths Little's fantasy YA and El Deafo, a graphic novel by Cece Bell .
- I also participated for the first time in the Top Ten Tuesday meme! This topic was the top ten books you don't own but want to read. It was super fun and I think I'll be jumping in on the TTT topic for the first week of September :)
- And last but not least, I did a discussion post about booktube. Are you a fan? I am.
Next Month's Reads
This was a close one but you guys chose...
THE ARCHIVED! I'm super excited since I haven't read anything by Victoria. I have a feeling this will be really good. But we'll see! Thank you to everyone that voted. I feel like I should say that this book is "the reader's choice" or something. Should I?
I don't think there's anything else on my immediate to read list. Except finishing CROWN OF MIDNIGHT--and probably needing a fluffy book to read after because no joke, CoM is breaking my heart. UGH.
Also, this is embarrassing but I never finished GRACELING! Not because it wasn't bad but I think I'm just not in the mood. Oh well. I still have the rest of this year, lol.
What's going on with me:
- I'm finally working at my new library job! I'm in a page position but it doesn't matter, I really love it. The fact that I'm happy doing crafts and shelving things in alphabetical order amazes me. But then again, it doesn't. I've always wanted to work in a library and even though I'm just a page, I am genuinely excited to go in each day and my coworkers are SO NICE. I feel blessed :)
- I'm also looking at masters programs. I had decided/resigned myself to going back to my university but I'm contemplating a masters in library science. I'm looking into it, but it seems like a possibility more and more each day!!
- I passed my last teaching exam on the first try AND saved money thanks to a voucher. SCORE.
- There are a lot of upcoming bookish events happening. I had wanted to attend the event at Books of Wonder where Sarah J. Maas, Susan Dennard & Alexandra Bracken are signing but I can't attend :( I also found out that Stephanie Perkins (!) and Gayle Forman will also be doing an event in NYC on the 10th so to anyone that lives in the NY area.....GO. I don't think I'll be able to go either but maybe I can live vicariously through someone?!
- It's finally September! So that means that everyone is in school or at least going back now. To anyone that IS going back--I wish you a happy, healthy and productive school year!