I had to look back at the blog's archives during these months to remember what happened because I truly could not remember what I did blogwise for the last of 2014 and the beginning of 2015. Oops.
Snapshot of December:
- I linked the video for I SHIP IT, this awesome short movie featuring Mary Kate Wiles AKA Lydia Bennet from The Lizzie Bennet Diaries. If you like HP, music and crushes, you'll enjoy this short.
- I posted about how 2014 has been a crazy year of transformation and self doubt on all fronts. But along with commenting on how happy I was to see 2014 end, I mentioned my internal struggle on whether I should continue blogging. Short answer: Yes, I will continue blogging. Long answer: Hell yeah I'm going to keep blogging and middle finger to stressing myself out over updating consistently. This is my blog, and I will blog as I please.
- A review!!! About a pretty badass comic called FABLES.. Just think of all the childhood fairy tales turned on their heads with swearing, sex and other shenanigans. I loved it. BIG THUMBS UP.
- I did my roundup for the Best Books of 2014. :D
- I wished my bestie in blogging, Alex, a happy birthday ♥
Snapshot of January:
- My first post of January was about my reading goals for 2015. My approach this year is low-key; no stressing out over reading and using my library card more!
- Later after posting my first entry in 2015, I FREAKED THE F*CK OUT when I found out there was a web series adaption of Elizabeth Gaskell's NORTH & SOUTH. Ok, so I didn't freak out A LOT but internally I was shrieking with joy.
- I reviewed ISLA AND THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER. ERMERGERD. I loved it. I used happy GIFs and just....sigh. It was soooooooo awesome.
- I mentioned Classic Alice's campaign to earn more funding so that they can continue making more episodes for their series! It ended on a good note but they could make so much more....so def donate! There's still time left to.
- I checked in with 5 thoughts on a cold Tuesday. I mention that I recently DNFed a Juliet Marillier book (I think I hear many of my blogging buddies crying...sorry...) and I did read one book! For my YAckers club, our choice was A.S. King's GLORY O'BRIEN'S HISTORY OF THE FUTURE. Have I reviewed it? Nope. But I did enjoy it for the most part.
- I posted about how I found out there's a web series for The Secret Garden.
Holy crap, you guys. Laying everything out from the archives, it looks like I did manage to do some blogging. A lot of it was not reviewing but whatever. You can tell that I've been more on youtube though (there's so much happening with these web series!). Anyway, here's to a hopefully more productive February. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to juggle reading for pleasure vs. reading for grad school homework. (There's so much to read already, argh!)
How is everyone doing? If you're buried under snow like I am, I hope all is well and that you are keeping warm! If you're not buried under snow...I envy you. Lol.